SoilSoc FAQ

Thesis or training abroad

How can I get a training or MSc thesis place abroad?
First try to find a research group or a project that interest you, for example by scrolling the database under the Reseach section of the SoilSoc homesite or by browsing the research pages of NOVA universities. You can contact the project leader directly. You can of course also ask your own professor to recommend you some Nordic research groups.

How can fund my stay abroad when I'm doing practical training or MSc thesis?
If you get ECTS credits for your training or lab visit, you are entitled to get the Nordplus Mobility grant (see Funding - students). Many universities also have specific grants for students who do their MSc thesis partly or completely abroad. Of course you can also apply funding from several national foundations.